POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : UV-coordinate pigment - 1 attachment : Re: UV-coordinate pigment - 1 attachment Server Time
7 May 2024 05:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV-coordinate pigment - 1 attachment
From: ABX
Date: 26 Mar 2003 08:11:00
Message: <bf938v0ve50rka8b3sovjbtbdmjhl7qike@4ax.com>
On 26 Mar 2003 07:40:08 -0500, Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com>
wrote:
> Of course I had to try ABX' suggestion to make one's
> own XYZ to UV mapping functions:

I have used that idea in my 'random' isosurface maze:
http://news.povray.org/search/advanced/?s=maze&g=povray.binaries.images

> And after having played around for a while with that
> technique, I thought that maybe one could define a
> pigment that shows the uv-coordinates "projected"
> onto the surface of the shape one are working with.

Interesting, you mean red is u, green is v and blue is nothing ?

> Any suggestions or comments ?

Since it is mesh, isn't that already posible with 'traditional' uv_mapping ?

ABX